D's Panzanella Salad
It's summer time and I'm getting ready to go on holiday :) But before going on a beautiful foodie road trip of a lifetime, I was busy cooking in the kitchen this whole past week.. From food shoots to cooking classes, this was a hectic but delish week to say the least!
I made this beautiful Panzanella salad as a starter for the first official "D's Kitchen Cooking Class", and thanks to my lovelies Rasha, Cynth, Pamela, Tamima and Dana for being my first students :) But enough babbling, let's get to the food.. This salad is gorgeous, the crunchy bread becomes a little soggy absorbing all the juices of the veggies, garlic, lemon and all other yummy bits.. Divine!
Prep & Cook Time: ~45 minutes (including resting time)
- ½ loaf country bread, cut in small chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp oregano
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1/2 bell pepper, cut in small chunks
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and deseeded, cut in small hcunks
- 1 tsp capers, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp olives, roughly chopped
- basil leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and cracked pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 180C. Place the bread in a baking tray, add the garlic, oregano, then drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything well and brown in the oven for about 10 minutes, until golden and crispy.
In a bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients, add the bread and toss everything until well coated. Set aside for 30 minutes to let the flavors infuse. Enjoy!