Fried Halloumi Cheese & Eggs | Dalia's Kitchen
Fried Halloumi and Eggs are made for each other. This is a perfect dish for any time of day. The added sumac and side of tomato and zaatar salad balances this dish wonderfully. RECIPE BELOW. If you like what you see, please subscribe let me know what you would like to see :) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKN0I6wmX1zQjM0uXxPYcVA
Fried Halloumi Cheese & Eggs
serves 2 - 3
prep & cook time: 20 minutes
• 500g halloumi cheese, cut into strips and rinsed & dried (you can soak it in warm water for a few minutes to remove some salt if you wish)
• 2 tbsp unsalted butter
• 6 eggs
• 1 tsp sumac
• cracked black pepper to taste
for the tomato salad:
• 3 large tomatoes
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1-2 tsp fresh zaatar (sub with basil or thyme), finely chopped
• sprinkle of salt and pepper
• Arabic bread or country style bread
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Heat the butter in an oven dish frying pan and add the helium cheese. Fry until golden brown.
3. Crack the eggs in a bowl, then add them gently to the fried halloumi.
4. Place the eggs in the oven for about 5 minutes (more or less depending on desired consistency of eggs)
5. In the mean time make the tomato salad by plating the tomatoes, adding olive oil, zaatar and seasoning.
6. Remove the pan from the oven, and serve immediately with the tomato salad and some bread. Enjoy :)