Balinese Seafood Satay
To be honest, I’m not such a big fan of Satays usually.. Apart from the dipping sauce, I don't find these skewers that exciting.. But Chef Stefan definitely changed my mind when we did these beautiful minced Seafood Satays.. Loved them..
You will need the Seafood Spice Paste I posted a few days ago for this recipe..
- 600g snapper fillet, skinned & boneless (not frozen)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Seafood Spice Paste
- 5 pcs lime leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBL palm sugar
- 3-5 chopped chilies (depends how hot you like it)
- 8-10 lemon grass stalks or satay skewers
Mince the fish in a food processor, add all other ingredients in a bowl and mix well.. Then mold a full tablespoon of the mixture in your hand, and then around the skewer.. Grill the skewers until they are golden brown and slightly firm to the touch, not forgetting to turn once in a while to evenly cook your satay.. Voila, yummy and juicy seafood skewers perfect for a starter or cocktail tidbits :)