Green Papaya Salad with Prawns
This is one of my favourite Balinese dishes, and also one of the recipes I made with Chef Stefan on my Balinese getaway.. It's such a flavorsome and original salad, and yet so simple to make.. Beautiful! If you do not have green papaya, then use cabbage instead.. You will need the Seafood Spice Paste, which I posted yesterday for this dish..
- 400g Green papaya cut into strips & blanched (cook in boiling water just a bit, until tender but still crisp)
- 120g shredded Coconut, (roast in hot pan for a bit, until golden)
- 2-3 TBL chopped Shallots (fry until golden)
- 2 TBL chopped Garlic (fry until golden)
- 2-3 lime leaves
- 2 TBL sunflower, canola oil
- 25g Seafood spice paste (find recipe on the blog)
- 250g medium or small Prawns, cleaned & de-shelled (remove tails also)
- 125ml Coconut Cream
- 50ml chicken stock
- 2 TBL Lime juice
- salt & cracked pepper to taste
Prepare the dressing.. Heat oil in a pan, add the Seafood spice paste, sauté for a few minutes and add the prawns.. Cook just for a minute or so, then add the stock & coconut cream, bring it to a boil and simmer for another minute.. Season with salt and pepper, set aside and allow the dressing to cool..
In mixing bowl combine all ingredients (just keep some of the shallots aside), add the dressing and toss everything together.. Sprinkle with remaining shallots and serve.. Perfect :)