|Image by ITP Publishing|
We're flying back to Dubai tomorrow, so I'm posting a yummy recipe today as I know it will take me a few days to settle in after a five week holiday..
Still in the spirit of a French menu, this is a simple and delicious chicken dish that usually both little ones and grown ups enjoy. Perfect for a family lunch or dinner. Bon Appétit!
Serves 4 – 6
Prep & Cook Time: 1 hour
- · 6 boneless chicken breasts, remove skin and cut into long strips
- · 1 large onion, chopped
- · ½ cup white wine (optional)
- · 2 cups chicken stock
- · 2 cups low fat cooking cream
- · 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- · 1 tbsp grainy mustard (optional)
- · salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1. In a large and deep pan, heat a knob of butter. Sauté the onions until slightly browned.
2. Add the chicken pieces, and cook until all pieces are sealed.
3. Add the wine, deglaze the pan, then add stock, cream and mustard. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for about 30 minutes.
4. Poke the chicken with a fork when the chicken seems tender enough, the dish is ready. (Add a little stock or cream if the sauce reduced too much)
5. Taste for seasoning, and serve immediately with some white steamed rice or egg noodles.
As featured in Harper's Bazaar Arabia September 2012