Quinoa Salad with Zucchini & Dried fruits
|Image by ITP Publishing|
I absolutely love quinoa salads. And what I love even more, is salads you can make ahead of time and eat whenever you please. Just like this one. Easy, healthy and delicious. Enjoy! xx
Prep & Cook Time: 30 minutes
· 2 cups quinoa
· 1 cup chick peas
· 6 zucchinis, cut into rounds
· 1 cup dried figs, cut into small pieces
· ¼ cup sunflower seeds
· ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
· 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
· 1 cup olive oil
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the quinoa as directed on the pack then set aside and let it cool.
2. In a pan, heat a little olive oil and sauté the zucchinis for a few minutes, just until they soften slightly, set aside and let it cool.
3. Make the dressing by whisking balsamic with olive oil and season to taste.
4. In a large salad bow, toss all the ingredients together and incorporate the dressing a little or as much as you like. Season to taste. Enjoy!
As featured in Harper's Bazaar Arabia - October 2012.