Cream of Mushroom
|Image by ITP Publishing|
This is the best Cream of Mushroom soup ever, hands down! It's full of flavour, but still light enough as I use light cooking cream (I do cook with a conscience when I can :)
It's funny I was not that into soups until I started making my own. And now I can't get enough of them. It's the perfect comfort food after a busy bee day.
As mentioned in recent posts, there are loads of exciting things happening at the moment so I don't have that much time on my hands. This quick and delicious meal is just perfect for me and the little familia.
Lot of love
Prep & Cook Time: 45 minutes
· 3 packs of mixed mushrooms (button, chanterelle, Portobello), cut in halves
· 1 onion, finely chopped
· 4 cups vegetable stock
· 1 cup light cooking crème
· 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
· Salt and cracked pepper to taste
1. In a pot, heat a little olive oil and sauté the onions until they are translucent.
2. Add the mushrooms and toss them around for a few minutes, just to release their juices.
3. Add the hot stock and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
4. With a hand blender, puree the soup until smooth.
5. Add the crème, and simmer for another 10 minutes. Season to taste and serve with a sprinkle of parsley.
As featured in Harper's Bazaar Arabia October 2012