Grilled Turkey Breast & Sautéed Peppers
I am terribly sorry but am running late with the launch of D's Kitchen in Arabic. I'm having a few hiccups to kick start (it's tougher than I imagined), but I promise I will be running "bil Arabi" asap!
Add to that one million things are happening at the same time (very exciting developments I will hopefully share very soon), and loads of work at the bakeries, I haven't been able to spend enough time in the kitchen.
So I have to revert to my recipes from magazines that I haven't posted on the blog yet, like this beautiful Grilled Turkey dish. I love Turkey, and it's fits beautifully with these sautéed peppers.
Enjoy! Much love,
Prep & Cook Time: ~30 minutes
· 4 skinless turkey breasts
· 1 tbsp mustard
· ½ tsp dried sage
· 4 peppers, cut into long strips
· 1 large onion, cut into long strips
· olive oil
· salt & cracked pepper to taste
1. Rub the turkey breasts with a little mustard, sage, and season with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. In a pan heat some olive oil, and cook the onions until slightly brown on medium heat. Add the peppers and cook for about 10 minutes until done but not over cooked.
3. In a grilling pan, heat a little olive oil, then add the turkey breasts and cook for 2 - 3 minutes on each side (depending on thickness)
4. Once ready, place the turkey breasts on the plate, add a side of sautéed peppers and serve immediately. Bon Appétit!
As featured in Harper's Bazaar Arabia - June 2012